Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 56 Chevy

  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    56 Chevy

    what is it about the 56 Chevy that makes it the least desireable of the run from the 55 Chevy to the 57 Chevy?
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 56 Chevy

    I prefer the 55 over either. I think the 56 is just the middle child. Maybe it's the goofy chrome thing going up the side. ???


    56chevrfup sm

    5620chevy20belair

    Still not bad though...


    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 56 Chevy

    that's still a SHARP car.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 56 Chevy

    When I was in the 9th grade my dad had a wrecker service. He was always restoring 55 Chevys. A lot of the parts for about the 53-57 were interchangable. So, he knew if there was one lying around somewhere. He found a 57 Chevy Bel Air Convertible lying in the bottom of a creek in Clintwood. It was a sheer drop about 300 ft down the side of a hill to the creek. We paid the people $50 for what was bascially just the frame partially covered in what used to be metal. We took it to Raleigh and sold it for $2500. There was a difference in the way the frames were made for the 57 Convertibles. Underneath the passenger compartment was like an "X". If you had this type of frame on a 57 Convertable it could make the difference between the car being valued at around $20-30k to upwards of $100k+.

    The last car my dad restored was a teal 55 Bel Air, that I'd love to have. He sold it to someone in NC also. I've got a picture somewhere, if I could find it I'd post it.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 56 Chevy

    I have a '46 Chevy Truck that I will fix up one day...most beautiful truck I have seen, but I'm biased!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 56 Chevy

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Maybe it's the goofy chrome thing going up the side. </div></div>

    I am pretty sure all three had that trim on them.

    The X brace frame was to stiffin the frame and reduce the flex produced by cutting the roof off.

    I would say the '56 is like the middle child becaus most people either want the big fins '57 or no fins '55 and the '56 of course is in the middle.

    I like all 3 and would take one just as soon as I would the other. But show me a '61 Impalla SS and I'm done.


    sucp 0606 01 z1961 chevy impala SSf
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 56 Chevy

    They all have the chrome, but the 56 seems more outlandish up the sides. The 55's chrome is more understated and simple. The 57's chrome is a little gawdy, especially on the fin, but it's still an awesome car. I like the all but 55, 57, 56 in that order.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  8. #8
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 56 Chevy

    bit of work me and my stepdad took some time to finish.......



    l 234487151edb8db06e2856ed07e95537

    l ad8a83ef5a2e790d70d8c94b858aeab2

    l dbb31bd2d10e5c2f8c6d6342dc963c6a

    l 16112845deea8e5724c7b39fd4939249

    l dc1cf3d3ea0a7fa9f8b7dd92977aad5d

    l 5cb11a1e949382f582f02555b2f21fed
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  9. #9
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 56 Chevy

    sweet
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 56 Chevy

    I saw a sweet 57 Chevy last week coming home from work
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •